Shooters Committee on Political Education
We are a statewide 501(c)4 organization dedicated to preserving the 2nd amendment rights for the residents of New York State.
We accomplish this by:
- Monitoring New York State and local governments for gun legislation.
- Supporting pro-2nd Amendment politicians.
- Tirelessly making every effort to educate anti-gun politicians.
- Working with government officials to sponsor pro 2nd Amendment legislation.
- Keeping our members informed on politicians and legislation that will affect your 2nd Amendment rights.
- Rating politicians based upon their legislation and voting records to educate our members during elections.
- Maintaining a website with the latest information on news, legislation and events related to 2nd Amendment rights.
- Publicly speaking and debating gun issues with anti-gun politicians and anti- gun organizations.
- Attending numerous shooting sports events to increase awareness with all types of gun owners.
We are 100% MEMBERSHIP FUNDED
We are made up of concerned gun owners and conservation clubs across New York.
A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed. U.S. Constitution, Amendment II
"SCOPE’s mission is to practice a strength in numbers strategy. A grassroots organization that values the talent and commitment of our members to advance our cause to preserve the Second Amendment rights of all New York State citizens. Our goal is to educate the public and public office holders on the principles of the Second Amendment and the wisdom of our founding fathers who saw this as a tool to guarantee our freedom."