Wayne County Members Meeting Minutes
Marion American Legion Post 1430
4141 Witherden Rd. Marion, NY 14505
February 9, 2022
1. Sheriff Rob Milby opened the meeting at 7:05pm with the Pledge of Allegiance.
2. The secretary was absent due to covid concerns at his home and the January Minutes were unavailable.
3. Treasurer’s Report was given by treasurer Mark Coleman. One new member’s dues was sent to State SCOPE. A check in the amount of $125 was received as a donation to Wayne County SCOPE by the Williamson Conservation and Sportsmen’s Club.
4. It was announced that State SCOPE has extended the drawing date for a 243 Henry rifle to April 30 at the State members meeting. Treasurer Mark Coleman is in chargeof this fundraiser. All funds will remain with the individual chapters, so it is important for members to participate by selling as many tickets as possible. State SCOPE has donated the rifle. It was in last year’s State raffle, but the winner chose cash instead.
5. Chairman Don Smith gave a legislative report which initiated several questions and comments. The report included:
- · NYSRPA v. Bruen
- · Federal gun-control bills introduced this year
- · State gun-control bills introduced this year
6. Wayne County Board of Supervisors Chairman Ken Miller presented an update on redistricting in New York State. It focused on:
- · Our 24th Congressional District and the possibly of a new Congressman in Chris Jacobs. John Katko is retiring.
- · Our 54th State Senate District with Senator Pam Helming.
- · Our 130th State Assembly District with Assemblyman Brian Manktelow.
7. Sheriff Rob Milby introduced his choice for undersheriff, Tammy Ryndock, with whom he has been associated for several years in the Wayne County Sheriff’s office.
8. Bob Brannan presented Milby and Ryndock with a plaque containing the “Policeman” speech given by the late Paul Harvey on talk radio nearly 40 years ago. Mr. Harvey's father inspired this speech as he was a police officer who was shot and killed while doing what police officers do every day.
9. The chairman announced election of officers will occur at the March 9 members meeting. A request was made for new Chapter Board and Committee members.
10. Vice-Chairman Dave Colburn encouraged members to visit our SCOPE website while answering questions and explaining different aspects of it.
11. The meeting was closed at 8:25pm. The next members meeting will be March 9.